Ready to change the way the world works? This is your chance to develop innovative new technology products, as well as your career, with the world's second largest software-maker. Hone your expertise alongside fellow talented professionals, where you'll develop some of the most exciting software solutions on the market. At IBM and The Weather Company, we're strongly committed to the advancement of open Internet standards and applications.
As a Senior Software Engineer
, the candidate will use the latest tools and technologies available to deliver state-of-the-art software, and be responsible for ensuring that company software components are expertly designed, tested, debugged, verified, and ready for integration into best-of-breed solutions that help organizations improve their business outcomes in the global marketplace. Work with data scientists, business stakeholders, and team members to design, build, and operationalize strategic analytic objectives. Work will include data engineering, coding analytical processes of very large scale data processing streams and machine learning pipelines feeding a broad data platform of data consumers from our cloud based environments. Responsibilities:
- Lead the design and implementation of sophisticated software systems consisting of user interface components, functional programming techniques, micro services, database access and high security REST and messaging interfaces
- Implementation will largely be in Java / Scala, Python, and PHP
- Lead software design and code reviews. Reviews include other Software Engineers and are held to ensure a high level of software quality and to share knowledge with team members.
- Participate in, and adhere to, professional software engineering practices using such tools and methodologies as Agile Software Development, Test Driven Development, Secure Engineering, Continuous Integration, Source Code Management (git), Jira, and Stash
- Maintain a high level of proficiency with Computer Science/Software Engineering knowledge and contribute to the technical skills growth of other team members
- Keep abreast of prevailing techniques and tooling developing large scale high throughput software systems
- Work well independently and as part of a team
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.