The Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure and Operations (MCIO) group is an exciting and fast evolving engineering group within Microsoft. MCIO’s mission is to optimize and deliver industry leading cloud infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft’s online services. The organization is responsible for strategy and delivery of the foundational platform for all Microsoft Online Services including demand and capacity forecasting, supply chain, data centers, networking, bandwidth, operations, and incident management. MCIO supports over 200 online businesses including Bing, O365, OneDrive, Xbox and Windows Azure branded services.
Within the next few years Microsoft will spend many billions developing and delivering on-line services. Fundamental to our success will be our ability to deploy optimal cloud infrastructure capacity required to address rapidly growing global demand. Existing demand forecasting is fragmented across the company, inconsistent and suboptimal. To maximize our business performance, we will consolidate all on-line services demand forecasting, implement state-of-the-art techniques, and continuously improve the accuracy of forecasts for all of Microsoft’s global on-line services.
This Senior Engineer will be joining a team a world-class Data Engineers/ Data Scientists, and will be responsible for Data Engineering activities, leveraging both Microsoft internal and Azure cloud computing platforms and services. He/she will support the transformation of our on-line services demand forecasting analytics activities by developing data ingest pipelines, Cosmos/Hadoop data stores, working with data scientists and data engineers to operationalize cutting edge forecast modeling and data science activities.
If you are a software engineer with strong data engineering interests and skills, this is the team for you.
• 2+ years of experience with COSMOS or Hadoop ecosystem
• 2+ years of experience with C#/C++/SQL
• 5+ years of development experience with demonstrated excellence in big data engineering & analytics
• Understanding and experience in specifying and building big data stores for data science or machine learning
• BS and/or MS in an area such as computer science, computer engineering, machine learning, or similar engineering field
• Experience with Azure (SQL Azure/ADF/AML/Cloud services)
• Strong problem solving and algorithmic thinking capability
• Ability to communicate and collaborate with people representing diverse point of view
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.