As a Senior Software Engineer - Android Applications, candidate's duties will involve reviewing and analyzing business requirement documents, creating design documents, coding and unit testing. As a developer within the team, the successful candidate will design, develop, test and deliver software solutions for IFE. The candidate will work within agile teams of committed developers to deliver these solutions for IFE product suite. Candidate should be able to function independently with minimum directions and able to coach and mentor junior resources on the team. The candidate will perform technical planning for the java development of Android framework, work with system team to understand the requirements, and participate in design discussion with relevant teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Implement, and test the software applications that make up the IFEC distributed system
* Define and implement Software modules and interfaces/APIs between software components
* Ensure the software implementation is inline with the proposed software solution architecture and recommended design patterns
* Meet Customer Commitments (Technical Execution, Technical input and estimation of story sizing, Communicate with PO and scrum master)
* Guide and develop junior team members in both formal and informal technical mentoring/guidance to the team to ensure that technically sound permanent solutions are delivered to resolve issues.
* Use "out of box" thinking while working on new development and also while solving sustaining issues
* Work with other team members (inside and outside of engineering) to think of innovative, creative solutions on a technical as well as non-technical level.
* Make sure all the coding, documentation done with good functional descriptions.
* Hired candidate has to contribute in SW development to develop and implement application solutions to meet customer expectations and develop too complete within committed delivery as agreed
* Participate in customer committed development phases, including high level design, detailed design, implementation, testing and verification
* Ensure Thales software processes are applied during project development to meet customer quality criterion.
* Ensure software code quality , encouraging team members to follow high code standards
* Attend to customer requirements, providing estimates to new features when requested.
* Pro-active in solving raised issues by internal testing or by the customer, ensuring proper solution are provided.
* Participate in all Agile scrum activities, attend and plan for sprint planning, helping out POs' to break down stories into tasks, make sure that stories are properly sized and assigned among the team evenly.
* Good knowledge of JUNIT and other standard object oriented SW development standards
Java, Design Patterns, Java/Android Applications, Multi-threading and IPC
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.