Members of the Overwatch team are passionate gamers at heart - driven to make the most fun and compelling experiences for our players. We spend our days collaborating and iterating on everything that goes into the game: from placing health packs to dreaming up the craziest "Play of the Game" animations. Our goal is to always surprise and delight our players. We believe in maximum transparency and communication at the team level and with the people who play our game. This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of "Gameplay First" and "Play Nice, Play Fair," has made Overwatch one of Blizzard's most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to us.
Our team is looking for a talented Senior Automation Engineer.Responsibilities
- Primary ownership and responsibility for a rich automation infrastructure covering areas such as (but not limited to) performance, stability, build verification, data integrity, etc.
- Design test automation architecture to work across all Overwatch technologies (client, server, test clients)
- Work with members of the team to design automation strategies that solve some of our most complex problems
- Work side by side with QA, feature developers, design and production to identify and mitigate risk
- Provide critical analysis of automation programming and development practices with the goal of improving test quality and team efficiency
- Ensure that the automation team adheres to established coding standards and maintains efficient coding practices
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks and maintain a process of technological evolution
- Mentor other engineers on the automation team
- A minimum of 5 years' relevant work experience
- Advanced understanding of C / C
- Strong passion for automation, build systems, and software testing
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment and handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Shipped at least one AAA title as an automation engineer or gameplay engineer
- Passion for video games, especially FPS games
- Self-motivated, strong sense of independence
- Experience with Jenkins
- Familiarity with VM technologies like Openstack or vSphere
- A degree in computer science, or a related field
- Knowledge of security and performance testing
- Multi-platform expertise (Windows, Linux)
- Advanced knowledge of additional languages like C#, or Python
- Previous experience mentoring other software engineers
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.