Have you ever imagined the world with infinite amount of storage available and accessible to everyone? Everyone in the world can easily access their books/music/photos/video/any data from anywhere in the world at any time via any means (e.g. mobile phones, tablets, PCs, smart devices, etc.). Did you ever desire to universally accessible storage system to record the all knowledge known to mankind, to keep all the books/music/videos ever created, or to store all the data collected from all the scientists in the world for them to collaborate upon? Do you want to be part of a team that strives to bring these to reality? If so, Microsoft Azure Storage team is what you are looking for. We are building Microsoft’s Cloud storage solution - Microsoft Azure Storage, which is a massively scalable, highly distributed, ubiquitously accessible storage system, designed to scale out and serve the entire world. We are continuing to have tremendous growth, where we will have several Exabytes of storage within the next year. We are looking for engineers who are passionate about distributed storage. To be successful in this area you must thrive dealing with durability, availability, and concurrency, and you should be passionate about storage and the next generation of distributed storage systems. You will be challenged on a daily basis, as you build the largest storage solution Microsoft will offer.
A successful candidate will have:
• Passion for distributed structured storage
• 3+ years experience as an engineer
• 5+ years experience as a software engineer
• 2+ years of experience building scalable structured distributed storage systems
• 7+ years of experience in developing with C#/Java/C++ OR C
• Experience with distributed programming models
• Experience creating, developing, delivering, deploying, maintaining online services
• Experience with multi-threaded/parallel programming
• Excellence in software engineering practices and coding
• Proven ability to plan, schedule and deliver quality software
• BS+ in computer science or related fields
• Extensive knowledge and experience designing for operability
• Ability to debug and optimize code, and automate routine tasks
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
• Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
• Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.