There are many fortunate enough to become part of an organization with a firmly established Big Data presence in the cloud, but only a select few get to be part of such an organization as it begins that journey. Even fewer get to shape such a path. Intuit Dat(a)2 is one such organization, with a mission to bring our solid foundation of consumer tax and financial data into the world of real-time streaming intelligence and analytics on the cloud to support a broad range of use-cases such as personalization and risk management. We are seeking talented software engineers with backgrounds in building real-time streaming data pipelines, migrating batch systems to real-time, building on-demand elastic clusters for self-service analytics, and building and maintaining data warehouses on the cloud. Responsibilities:
- Develop high-volume, low-latency, data-driven solutions in the cloud utilizing current and next generation technologies to meet evolving business needs
- Develop custom batch-oriented and real-time streaming data pipelines (cloud and data-center), working within the MapReduce ecosystem, migrating flows from ELT to ETL
- Ensure proper data governance policies are followed by implementing or validating data lineage, quality checks, classification, etc.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
- Operationalize open source data-ingestion, data-processing, and data-analytics tools for enterprise use
- Utilize multiple development languages/tools such as Java, Python, Scala, SQL, Spark, Hive, and Pig to build prototypes and evaluate results for effectiveness and feasibility
- Act in a technical leadership capacity: Mentor junior engineers and new team members, and apply technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems
- Roughly 70-85% hands-on coding
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
- Have a quality mindset, squash bugs with a passion, and work hard to prevent them in the first place through unit testing, test-driven development, version control, continuous integration and deployment.
- Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams: product management, QA/QE, various product lines, or business units to drive forward results
- Contribute to the design and architecture of the project
- Operate within Agile Development environment and apply the methodologies
- Interface with other teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Work in highly varying levels of abstraction from product strategy to high level technical design to detailed technical design to implementation.
- Collaborate effectively with the team to deliver end to end, high-performing, highly reliable, scalable and operable solutions.
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Ability to lead change, be bold, and have the ability to innovate and challenge status quo
- Contribute to the design and architecture of the project
- Be a champion for your service and evangelize it across multiple business units across Intuit
- Be passionate about solving customer problems and develop solutions that result in a passionate customer/community following
- 5+ years' experience developing software services in Java, Scala, and Python
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and a solid grasp of software engineering fundamentals and their practical application
- 3+ years' experience with web services (consuming or creating) with REST or SOAP
- 3+ years experience in SQL performance tuning.
- Ability to quickly identify an opportunity and recommend possible technical solutions
- Solid communication skills and demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong understanding of advanced system design and architecture concepts including the different types of NoSQL databases and various SQL databases
- Experience with unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Must be proactive, self-directed, detailed and organized
- Helpful, can-do attitude, a willingness to take ownership of problems, and a strong desire to learn and grow
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of data architectures, data pipelines, real time processing, streaming, networking, and security
- Experience developing ETL processing flows using MapReduce technologies like Spark and Hadoop
- Experience developing ELT pipelines using Vertica, Redshift, or similar data warehousing technologies
- Experience developing with ingestion and clustering frameworks such as Kafka, Zookeeper, YARN
- Experience working with in-memory data grids and data fabrics such as AWS ElastiCache, Redis, Memcached, Apache Ignite, Hazelcast, and MemSQL
- Experience designing and developing data ingestion and processing/transformation frameworks leveraging open source tools such as NiFi, Sqoop, Airflow, and Luigi
- Experience with large, distributed, enterprise level system development at multi-petabyte scale on the cloud
- Demonstrated success working with cross-functional teams
- Strong leadership skills and leading teams by example
- Well-versed in the development challenges inherent with highly scalable, highly available, and highly resilient systems
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market - from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Staff Software Engineer Staff Software Engineer Senior Application Operations Engineer Senior Software Engineer Senior Software Engineer See More…
A little about us:
We hire team members that share these values: Integrity Without Compromise. We Care and Give Back. Deliver Awesome. Win Together. Learn Fast. Delight Customers. Be Passionate. Be Decisive. Be Bold.