Senior Software Engineer - Bing Search Engine team
Location: Sunnyvale, California
Posted: November 30, 2017
Reference ID: 1053695
What if your job description were simply “Make tomorrow better?” That’s the essence of roles within our Bing Team. Every day, we bring an insatiable curiosity to the table, challenging ourselves to reimagine what is and what can be. We build on what’s come before to create what’s next. We drive machine intelligence. We help shape the future. We empower billions of people around the globe.
Are you looking for opportunities to deliver innovations to tens of millions of users every month that impact their daily life? Do you want to be part of a fast-cycle, highly competitive, and hardcore search platform team with ambitious goals and a super strong competitor?
We are hiring extremely talented, highly motivated and productive developers with expertise in large scale distributed computation, system programming, information retrieval, and machine learning. The Search Technology Center Platform Team in Sunnyvale, CA is responsible for building key pieces of Bing platform technology for improving the search relevance, performance, efficiency, and reliability.
We are actively working on the following areas:
• Bing relevance infrastructure
• High performance data storage backend for updating and querying user activities from tens of millions of users in real-time
• Industry standard and open sources being used, such as V8, Node.js, TensorFlow, levelDB, and RocksDB
• Search platform for providing Bing search technology on personal/enterprise data
• Design, implement, test, and deploy a function or component for one of our online serving systems
• Speed up/reducing complexity of key components/pipelines to improve performance and/or efficiency of our systems
• Monitor the backend production systems and fixing live site issues
• Bachelors’ Degree in a technical field
• 10 +years in the software industry
• Advanced Degree
• Programming experience in C++/C#
• Experience with large scale distributed computation, system programming, information retrieval, and machine learning.
• Strong design, coding, debugging, and problem analysis and solving skills
• Passionate and self-motivated
• Ability to drive cross team collaborations and ship production features in a fast-paced startup environment
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written
• Customer/end result driven in design and development
• Experiences with online services and/or search are strong pluses.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.