Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a passionate senior software engineer with advanced C knowledge and broad experience in client development to join our client group.
The Battle.net client group develops the Battle.net desktop application for PC and Mac. The Battle.net desktop application presents a seamless experience for Blizzard Entertainment's products: news about games, a portal to the digital store, a hub to update and launch games, and a place where millions of players can socialize with their friends. The primary mission for the Battle.net app team is to create an approachable and accessible portal to get customers playing Blizzard's games as quickly and effortlessly as possible.
The senior software engineer must be able to work both independently and in conjunction with team members and product groups. Enthusiasm and flexibility in working on a variety of projects are also necessary. The ideal applicant is someone who enjoys technical challenges and the satisfaction of overcoming them.
This position within the Battle.net team is focused on the development of the Battle.net platform which provides APIs and technologies that underpin the features being developed for the service. Strong candidates will check several boxes in the "pluses" section as well as fulfilling "requirements".Requirements
- Advanced C
- Distributed systems / async programming experience
- Architecture (API design, concurrency, design patterns) experience
- Experience with network and client security considerations
- Experience with debugging and optimization
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
- A passion for video games
- Modern C (11 / 14, boost, modern STL)
- OSX development experience
- Experience programming with Qt
- Python experience
- Experience using web services / APIs (Facebook, Google, etc.)
- Familiar with network protocols such as HTTP
- Protocol design / implementation experience (Google Protocol Buffers)
- Experience with git as a version control system
- Agile development exposure
- UML diagramming experience (class, sequence diagrams)
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.