Additional Location(s) or Information:
Job Category: Engineer - Software
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
Requisition #: R1018194
Senior Software Engineer - Cloud and Virtualization Engineer
San Jose, CA
The Business Entity
Core Software Group shapes the future of software for all Cisco physical and virtual routing and switching platforms. Service provider customers use these platforms to build Internet backbone, and enterprise customers use them for their campus networks and data centers. Big cloud providers also these platforms to building scalable data centers.
Small dedicated team operating in startup mode. Team will be part of bigger data center technology team that delivers networking products for data centers.
Role & Responsibilities
Software design and development for container related technologies. Evangelize the work in the coding communities; collaborate with users and competitors for a workable solution. Attend conferences, publish papers, and have fun hacking things on the way.
• Cloud infrastructure/software development, preferably work on resource schedulers like Mesos, Kubernetes, Chronos, Marathon, or similar.
• Public code contributions. Preferable if contributions were pushed upstream in container/PaaS related areas, like Docker, CoreOS, Openshift, CloudFoundry, or similar.
• Experience developing large cloud software projects, preferably in Go, Python, or C++ language
• Sound understanding of networking, compute and storage technologies
• Work on Linux kernel and kernel infrastructure (preferably container related kernel work, namespaces)
• Coded host/hypervisor virtualization layer (preferably Linux based hypervisor)
• Experience in using, modifying Linux networking stack (netdev, iptables, routes, etc.)
• Contributions to Open vSwitch (OVS), and familiarity with OVSDB
• Experience developing PaaS software, preferably Openshift, Cloud-Foundry, or experience in similar technologies like Dies, Flynn, Consul, Yarn
• Have industry presence and respect in public community and/or publications in the above mentioned areas
• DevOps experience developing and deploying cloud applications (preferably responsible for uptime of the cloud)
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
@CiscoCareers is #hiring #Cloud, Virtualization #Containers #Hypervisor #PaaS #Linux #Devops #OVS
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: Software Defined Network (SDN)
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.