Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
Workday currently has a position open for Senior Software Engineer - Cloud Orchestration. In support of the phenomenal growth in the number of Workday customers, we are growing our team to deliver an implementation of Workday running in the Public cloud which meets Workday's Operational, Performance, Management and Security needs.
We want passionate developers who love technology, upward mobility and want to make an impact. Our Technology Services organization is growing fast and we are looking for Software Engineers to join our team.
To support the phenomenal growth in the number of Workday customers, we are building a core team to design and develop a new platform and tools that will accelerate and ease adoption of Workday's solution in our customer's business.
Our target users are consultants and technical partners who set-up a new customer in the Workday application. A major task includes migrating data from their existing landscape into the Workday cloud.
We are looking for a person to take on a senior technical role. The right candidate will put the customer first, understand their user stories and will identify ways to build and run the Public Cloud version of Workday, ensuring stability and ability to scale and meeting the needs both of our customers and other Workday technical teams. If you are a team player and mentor, are passionate about evolving the solutions that you deliver and you would like to add an important component into Workday's leading cloud-hosted architecture, please contact us. What a Software Engineer for our Technology Services team does at Workday?
Can you answer YES to some of these questions?
- Architecture, designing, development and ownership of critical platform services. These modules are the building blocks that help make our software great.
- Innovation and solving problems are always on our mind; our engineers are constantly evolving our systems and are motivated to rapidly deliver features to production.
- Collaboration is the key to success. Our small teams allow our Engineers to come up with quick and exciting solutions.
- Do you have strong production knowledge of at least one of Java/Ruby/Python/Go?
- Are you a full stack developer with knowledge of security, networking, distributed systems and storage concepts?
- Do you have knowledge of methodologies, technologies and architectures employed by consumer internet applications?
- 7+ years software and systems delivery experience
- Distributed systems design and management
- Java or Scala
- Python or Ruby, Linux Scripting
- Issue triage, communication
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or similar
- Storage, Networking, Systems and Operations experience on a Public Cloud platform
- Configuration management
- Experience in Agile environments/Agile development methodologies
- Continuous Delivery experience, owning your service through to production
- Kubernetes/Mesos/Docker Swarm
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.