The Cloud Server Infrastructure (CSI) team within Azure is responsible for the definition, design, and development of the server hardware that powers Microsoft's online services. We work closely with Microsoft product groups, researchers, suppliers and industry partners to architect, develop and build server hardware solutions that meet the requirements for our cloud services platforms at the lowest possible cost of ownership (TCO). We are leading the industry in developing custom device solutions to accelerate production workloads in the datacenter. Learn more about our team and projects here https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/ecosystem-momentum-positions-microsoft-s-project-olympus-as-de-facto-open-compute-standard/
Role & Opportunity: The CSI Devices development team is seeking a talented software development engineer. You will be responsible for designing and implementing software components that leverage storage and networking device hardware in our servers. These components include Windows device drivers, diagnostic tools and manufacturing tests. You will be interacting with internal business groups to develop requirements. You will be an integral member of the extended team that brings new hardware designs from concept to production. You will work closely with internal EE and PM team members and external partners on activities related to design, bring-up, debug, manufacturing test, and production. This role requires strong communication skills, excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills, and a deep understanding of the space where hardware and software meet. As an SDE, you have strong design and coding skills, quick learning abilities, and confidence to ship reliable software. Travel to manufacturing facilities in Asia is likely.
• Bachelors required. MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science desired
• 5+ years of embedded SW development or driver development or test, debug and validation experience (preferably for Windows OS)
• A minimum of 4 years of experience with C/C++
• A sound track-record of shipping products and having been through at least one development cycle
• Experience in the design, implementation, debugging and testing of operating system drivers (Kernel mode and User mode)
• Desired experience:
- SW development experience for storage or networking technologies
- Ability to handle the debugger well to quickly identify and resolve issues spanning multiple subsystems
- Understanding of FPGA devices architecture and tools
-Experience using test equipment such as oscilloscopes or bus analyzer tools
- Familiarity with storage, networking and hardware protocols e.g SATA, SAS, PCIe, I2C, SPI, USB buses
- High tolerance to ambiguity and ability make progress in the face of it
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.