At Microsoft, we're envisioning how 3D can be a meaningful part of everyone's daily lives! Remix 3D is the community that brings us together to share our ideas, experiences, and creativity for others to remix, curate, and showcase in 3D.
We are a collaborative team and looking for an enthusiastic, creative and experienced software engineer with a business analytic mindset, data skills, and determination to join us. Your work will ensure customers are happy with a highly polished and personal and exciting experience.
You will be responsible for understanding how our customers use essential features and how new experiences that we develop will fulfill our customers' needs. You will build efficient queries and reports for parsing customer data/feedback to understand customer happiness. You will analyze the data to influence feature development and continuously improve customer happiness over time.
You should be able to apply a breadth of tools, data sources and analytical techniques that can help us enhance our data analysis and experimentation systems as well as help us answer a broad range of high-impact business questions and present the insights concisely and efficiently.
Key Responsibilities include:
• You will work with partners, product managers and developers to develop and review designs and business requirements.
• You will apply statistical concepts and techniques to analyze and report product quality, experiments and user behavior.
• You will support internal team requests for data, work with teams to analyze data and bring value to help the organization take decisions.
• You will present findings and recommendations to key decision makers at various management levels.
You are a great fit if:
• You effectively collaborate with partners and drive analytic projects end to end.
• You can communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to non-technical audiences.
• You have an attention to detail and data accuracy.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Experience with statistical analysis OR statistical reporting
• Knowledge implementing statistical analysis in any of the following R, Elasticsearch, MiniTab, SPSS, PowerBI, or SAS
• Bachelor’s in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent
• Large scale computing systems like COSMOS, Hadoop and/or similar systems
• Experience in providing statistical analysis and reporting
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Proven ability to influence through data
• Knowledge of a data manipulation, aggregation and cleansing tools including Python or Scope
• Startup experience, V1 product, or similar demonstrated background
• A/B Testing
• Strong background in 3D and other applied mathematics
• Machine Learning
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.