Senior Software Engineer - Cupertino
Oracle BlueKai is the most interconnected media-independent data management platform and data marketplace in the industry. Our customers use our expertise in big data ingestion, analysis and portability to connect their data assets and use them to make a difference for their customers. We process over 250 billion user audience attributes per day across hundreds of millions of Internet users and we are the behavioral data backbone of the online advertising ecosystem.
• Design, implement, and operate highly available and scalable systems to ingest, store, query, and deliver large amounts of data.
• Optimize your code and algorithms to run in a high-performance real time environment multi data center environments which generates billions of events a day
• Write code, release often, and have a blast doing it.
• Support the software your write and deploy in our production environment.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
• B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
• 5 years in C or C , Java, or C#, and a strong proficiency in OO design
• 5 years developing and operating software in a Linux environment (incl. working with Perl, Python, bash, or your favorite scripting language)
• Competent in web service technologies/ideologies eg MVC
• Experience in web service technologies/ideologies
• Experience in Scrum/Agile methodologies
• Strong communication skills: able to clearly articulate, defend and document design decisions and work with a distributed team
• Interest and aptitude for understanding the business models that drive the company
Candidate Personal Attributes:
Love of Problem-Solving: You attack problems and solve them rather than raise barriers or pessimism
Self-starter: You like results, take initiative and have a figure-it-out-and-get-it-done mentality
Fun: You have good people skills, are humble and fun to be around
Passion: You have a natural curiosity and desire to excel
Ownership: You sign up, are accountable and follow through - whether you succeed or fail
Creative: You believe there is always a way to solve the problem
Data-driven: You gather data to make decisions and use data to convince others.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.