West Creek 6 (12076), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Senior Software Engineer - DevOps and Security
As a Capital One Software Engineer in DevOps Security, you'll be focused on the design, implementation enhancement, and administration of software products and services in support of building and running secure, automated, and well tested software in the public cloud. You will be partnering with software engineers from across the company to understand their application needs, and design and implement software to solve for secret management and secure application integration.
You’ll have opportunities to work on cutting edge products and tools using some of the latest technologies including: Java, Python, Ruby, Go Lang, Linux shell scripting for Red Hat, Centos, an Ubuntu, Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, and others to support the migration to the Amazon Cloud and potentially other cloud providers.
We deliver using Agile Scrum or Kanban. You will participate in detailed technical design, development and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Working within an Agile environment, you will actively participate in story planning and detailed daily standups, while providing input for architectural design decisions, and developing code to meet story acceptance criteria. You will be an integral part in advancing the culture of technical excellence within Capital One, and creating experiences to delight millions of customers.
- Develop software for the administration, monitoring, and management of a central secret management solution
- Work with application and API owners to design, implement, and verify solutions for managing secrets and onboarding to the platform. Liaise with Security and Risk Management as needed
- Design, code, and test software to enhance our DevOps automation pipelines and cloud provisioning tooling
- Employ innovative solutions to ease developer and testing experiences
- Manage a Continuous Integration and Deployment environment
- Clearly communicate technical information to both developers and business stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Military experience
- At least 3 years of programming experience with Python, Ruby, Clojure, Go, node.js, Java, Bash or Perl
- At least 2 years of experience working with DevOps tools and Configuration Management Orchestration technologies
- At least 1 year of DevOps experience in the Cloud, using test-driven approaches
- At least 1 year of experience with Cloud deployment
- At least 1 year of automation experience
- 1 year of experience using Hashi Valut and Hashi Consul
- 1 year of experience in Identity and Access Management policy enforcement or control space (Sailpoint, CyberArk)
- 1 year of experience with AWS Cloud deployment
- 1 year of experience with Terraform or Cloud Formation for resource provisioning
- 1 year of automation experience with Jenkins or CircleCI
- 1 year of automation experience with CD platforms
- 3 years of experience with DevOps tools and Configuration Management Orchestration technologies Docker, Puppet, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- 3 years of experience in Unix Shell Scripting
- 2 years of experience monitoring production systems to ensure availability, performance, capacity, and incident response with Splunk, BlueStripe, CloudWatch, Zabbix or Hystrix
- 1 year of experience with AWS multi-region and multi-AZ deployed systems
- 1 year of experience with enterprise Linux-based systems, appliances, or virtual machine administration
- 1 year of experience with Ubuntu or RHEL
- 1 year of experience with Agile methodologies
- 1 year of experience consuming RESTful API’s
- 1 year of experience with Database technologies RDBMS, SQL, NO-SQL, RDS, PostgreSQL, MongoDB or DynamoDB
- Certified in AWS
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.