West Creek 6 (12076), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Senior Software Engineer - DevOps
As a Capital One Software Engineer in DevOps, you'll work on a variety of software products and services supporting the fully-automated provisioning, testing, deployment, and monitoring of software services in one or more public cloud providers. You’ll have opportunities to work on cutting-edge products and tools using some of the latest technologies including: Java, Python, Ruby, Go Lang, Linux shell scripting for Red Hat, Centos, an Ubuntu, Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, node.js, AngularJS, and others to support the migration to the Amazon Cloud and potentially other cloud providers.
We deliver using Agile Scrum or Kanban. You will participate in detailed technical design, development and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Working within an Agile environment, you will actively participate in story planning and detailed daily stand-ups, while providing input for architectural design decisions, and developing code to meet story acceptance criteria. You will have the opportunity to continuously develop technical knowledge and skills on multiple platforms, and educate team members on the capabilities and constraints of technologies. You will play an integral part in advancing the culture of technical excellence within Capital One, and creating experiences to delight millions of customers.
- Develop procedures and software tools to automate various systems and tasks (e.g. automating code builds and deployments). Promote new DevOps tools to simplify build process and entire Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of all in-house developed, open source, and commercial DevOps tooling owned by the team (Ensure system availability, performance, capacity, and monitoring through proper response to incidents, events and problems)
- Employ innovative solutions to ease developer and testing experience
- Manage a Continuous Integration and Deployment environment
- Help the team design and test scalable systems
- Clearly communicate technical information to both developers and business stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- At least 2 years of scripting experience with Bash, Ruby, Python, Perl, Java, Go, Clojure or Node.JS
- At least 2 years of experience working with DevOps tools and Configuration Management Orchestration technologies Docker, Puppet, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- At least 2 years’ experience with SVN, Git, Maven, Artifactory, Bamboo, Hudson/Jenkins, Atlas, Nexus, Cucumber or Sonar
- 2 year of experience with AWS including EC2, S3, CloudWatch, ECS, or Lambda
- 3 years of experience automating tasks, including software deployments and auto-scaling AWS applications
- 3 years’ experience in Unix Shell Scripting
- 2 years’ experience monitoring production systems to ensure availability, performance, capacity, and incident response with tools such as Splunk, BlueStripe, CloudWatch, Zabbix or Hystrix
- 1 year of experience with AWS multi-region and multi-AZ deployed systems
- 2 years of experience with enterprise Linux-based systems administration
- 1 year experience with Agile methodologies lScrum, SAFe and Kanban
- 1 year of experience developing RESTful APIs using Spring or Jersey
- 1 year of experience with Database technologies RDBMS, SQL, NO-SQL, RDS, PostgreSQL, MongoDB or DynamoDB
- Certified in AWS
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.