Come join the Intuit Emerging Services - Semantic Technology and Search team as a Senior Engineer. We are a team with the vision to change the way our customers interact with our products to discover contextual relevant content. With millions of Intuit customers using our software, you will be part of a cutting-edge team that is responsible for building a highly scalable and distributed search system that renders contextual relevant content. You will be working with recognized experts (data scientists and data engineers, as well as solution architects) in the field to deliver "On-Tap" Unified Search as a Service & best in class search user experiences for web & mobile.
Our Java based solutions are hosted on Amazon Web Services and we are always looking to expand our use of core building blocks and SaaS tools. If solving complex real-life customer problems, applying information retrieval and text analytics techniques excites you, then you should inquire further to explore the opportunity.
- Build a scalable and distributed search system including content acquisition, indexing, and query interfaces
- Work with complex data structures and apply "out of box thinking" to propose creative ways to extract most out of data with various degree of quality.
- Demonstrate a passion for developing a well architected and elegant search solution
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
- Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams including: product management, QA/QE, various product lines, and/or business units to drive forward results
- Be passionate about solving customer problems. Develop solutions that result in a passionate customer/community following
- Be bold and have the ability to innovate and challenge status quo
- Participate in and contribute to design and code reviews.
- 5+ years' experience designing and developing scalable, distributed and highly available systems.
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Strong working knowledge in Java
- Strong working experience in information retrieval techniques, machine learning, relevance tuning, and natural language/linguistic processing is a plus
- Good working knowledge on AWS
- Expertise with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), with strong emphasis on agile development
- 3+ years' experience with web services (consuming or creating) with REST
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Passionate about unit testing & Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Have a DevOps mentality - you own what you deploy in production
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market - from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Staff Software Engineer Staff Software Engineer Senior Software Engineer Senior Application Operations Engineer Staff DevOps Engineer See More…
A little about us:
We hire team members that share these values: Integrity Without Compromise. We Care and Give Back. Deliver Awesome. Win Together. Learn Fast. Delight Customers. Be Passionate. Be Decisive. Be Bold.