Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment that values diversity of thought and ideas where people from a variety of backgrounds guided by our shared Values come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work.
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You will drive the design, implementation, testing, deployment, and post-release support in an agile application development environment. You will execute on engineering and release priorities successfully through strong leadership and communication. Whether a bug fix or an awesome feature, you will own your work and deliver the most elegant and scalable solutions.
Enterprise Service Virtualization team is seeking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer who has a solid development background and hands on knowledge of Service Virtualization tools and practices. Hired candidate will have a great opportunity to learn new technologies, work on development of Open Source tools and mentor junior engineers to raise the bar on the team. Rewards are high for being a creative and high performer. Leverage & Develop Open Source Service Virtualization tools using CI/CD concepts. Support Service Virtualization requests and promote concepts and tools. Assist in managing and administering Service Virtualization servers in AWS cloud and On Prem. Identify and maintain Minimum Realistic Environments for test teams. Define simulation strategy, simulation points and analyze simulation fidelity. Work closely with internal partners to enable self-service and establish personal and team brand.
- Bachelor’s Degree, equivalent certification, or military experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in software development using Java/JSP/Node JS or similar technologies.
- At least 1 year of hands on experience with Service Virtualization tools (Parasoft Virtualize, Mountebank or similar).
- At least 1 year of experience working on Agile methodology.
- At least 1 year of experience with Linux/Shell scripting.
- At least 1 year of experience with CI-CD tools.
- At least 1 year of experience with GitHub or any other source control tool.
- At least 1 year of experience with App server (Tomcat).
- 1 year of Protocol knowledge http/https/JDBC/MQ.
- 1 year of AWS Cloud and CHEF knowledge.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.