McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Software Engineer, Fullstack
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on large scale reliable applications that impact the way that Capital One does business. You will participate in the detailed technical design, development and implementation of applications using emerging technologies. You'll bring a solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: Java, AngularJS, Golang, Python, REST, JSON, XML, HTML / HTML5, CSS, Docker, Serverless, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
You will have the opportunity to continuously develop technical knowledge and skills on multiple platforms, and educate team members on the capabilities and constraints of technologies.
Who you are:
- You yearn to be part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule
- Someone who is not intimidated by challenges; thrives even under pressure; is passionate about their craft; and hyper focused on delivering exceptional results
- You love to learn new technologies and mentor junior engineers to raise the bar on your team
- It would be awesome if you have a robust portfolio on Github and / or open source contributions you are proud to share
- Passionate about intuitive and engaging user interfaces, as well as new/emerging concepts and techniques in web design
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years experience programming in Java or at least 2 years experience with Golang or Node.js design and software development
- At least 2 years experience with DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory
- At least 1 year experience with cloud based development
- At least 2 years experience with Spring framework
- At least 2 years experience with REST, WebSockets, gRPC, and/or Event/Reactive
- At least 1 years of container development experience
- At least 2 years of experience with JUnit or any equivalents
- At least 2 years experience in Agile practices
- 1+ year experience of Python development experience
- 1+ year experience in building Serviceless solutions
- 1+ year experience with AWS cloud based development
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.