Senior Software Engineer, Fullstack
As a Capital One Full stack Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
We have various openings that require a broad range of technical skills and experience. Our recruiting process will match you to the right role and level.
Who you are:
- You yearn to be part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule
- Someone who is not intimidated by challenges; thrives even under pressure; is passionate about their craft; and hyper focused on delivering exceptional results
- You love to learn new technologies and mentor junior engineers to raise the bar on your team
- It would be awesome if you have a robust portfolio on Github or have open source contributions you are proud to share
- Passionate about intuitive and engaging user interfaces, as well as new/emerging concepts and techniques in web design
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- At least 5 years experience in Application Development
- At least 2 years experience in developing RESTful APIs using Spring, Hibernate or Jersey deploying on public cloud
- At least 2 years experience with AngularJS
- At least 1 year experience in one of the following: RDBMS, SQL, MySQL, No-SQL, RDS, PostgreSQL, MongoDB or DynamoDB
- At least 1 year experience in one of the following Cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- Master's Degree
- 7+ years of experience programming in Java Application Development
- 4+ years experience of JEE, RESTFUL APIs, Spring/Spring Boot, Hibernate, etc
- 3+ years experience with one of the following Web services like SOAP, REST and JSON and database technologies (MySQL, SQL)
- 2+ years experience of CI/CD and DevOps experience
- 2+ years experience using Frameworks such as AngularJS, Jquery, and NodeJS
- 2+ years experience in Agile practices
At this time, Capital One will not consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.