One of Blizzard Entertainment's core values is "Play Nice, Play Fair" - we believe that epic gaming experiences begin with a level playing field. Because of that, we passionately do everything we can to combat cheating in our games. While we are proud of having developed some of the best anti-cheating technologies in the world, the bad guys aren't sitting idle; fighting cheaters is a never ending war and we want to enlist YOU for the fight!
You will be tasked with providing security analysis of game systems and developing cutting edge anti-cheating tools and prevention / detection systems. We work with all games and software platforms produced by Blizzard, so we get exposed to a mind-boggling array of technologies - not only security technologies, but graphics engines, advanced artificial intelligence routines, telemetry systems, massive databases etc. It's an incredible place for passionate software developers to get acquainted with all aspects of developing world class video games. If you hate cheaters and would like to work with every game team in the company, this is the perfect job for you! Responsibilities
- Perform security assessments of various game clients across multiple game genres.
- Work closely with game teams early on in the development process to ensure systems are built securely.
- Provide subject matter expertise and mentorship on Windows and Mac internals, code generation (the compilation process), reverse engineering, and debugging.
- Develop novel technologies to detect and prevent cheating and botting across all games.
- General knowledge of game security issues and the threat landscape of multiple game genres
- Mastery of C / C and ASM (x86 and AMD64)
- Reverse engineering expertise
- Familiar with IDA Pro, WinDbg, OllyDbg, or other similar tools to use for disassembly and debugging
- Extensive Windows internals knowledge including the Win32 subsystem, the Windows API (Win32 and native), the PE file format, and process management
- Strong, well-rounded background in client, network, and application security
- Able to communicate well with technical and non-technical personnel, including engineers, analysts, and producers
- Experience with macOS internals
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with commercial protection and anti-tamper software
- Knowledge of the methods used to create malware and game hacks
- Experience with Clang and LLVM
- Windows kernel mode familiarity
- Actively disclosed software vulnerabilities in responsible disclosure security programs
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.