Senior Software Engineer
Splunk IT Operations is growing and seeking a dynamic Senior Software Engineer with strong ServiceNow development skills. You will be responsible for the overall ServiceNow solution at Splunk, along with other software engineering needs within the team to deliver high-quality services and tools to our Splunkers worldwide.
Your responsibilities for this position
- Manage incidents per published SLAs
- Ensures system stability by running required maintenance schedule
- Addresses system issues impacting SLAs
Front-End Web Development
- Knowledge of MVC (Model View Controller) architecture
- Experience of one popular web framework - React, AngularJS
- Understanding of how to work with DOM
Implementation and Development of Web Services
- Be able to develop web services and host on a micro service framework
- Understand and abide by RESTful API guidelines
- Follow of software development - logging, unit testing, code reviews etc..
- Implement SNOW workflows that integrate with external web services (API Webhooks)
- Be able to design and develop a workflow framework that can be applied to many workflows
- Actively find new opportunities to improve our current manual processes
Database Design and Development
- Design and Implement database schemas based on ACID concepts
- Understand CRUD operations to integrate with external databases
- Experience MySQL SQL Server & NoSQL Relationship DB is a plus
SNOW: Manage updates to solution functionality
- You clearly understand customer improvements requests, business requirements and outcomes
- Documents business requirements, success criteria and business goals and objectives. Uses this information to prioritize the enhancement backlog
- Converts business requirements into an initial design and provides capacity and budget estimates (+ - 50%)
- Delivers enhancements on time and on budget (+ - 5%)
- Manages capacity allocated between maintenance, incident management and improvement delivery
- Develops a quarterly plan for enhancements committed for delivery and gets alignment from customers and IT leadership
SNOW: Solution roadmap and alignment to customer roadmaps
- You will provide standard methodologies for guiding adoption and influencing the customer to make investments in the solution
- Defines the services that SNOW delivers and gets alignment with customers on service definitions, SLAs and critical metrics
- Maintains a SNOW roadmap that plans out investments in system maintenance, upgrade schedule, system improvements and additions to the SNOW ecosystem that aligns with the longer term goals and objectives of IT and SNOW's customers
- You should have 5 or more years of Full-Stack software engineer experience.
- Knowledge of full scope of the software development lifecycle.
- You have the ability to thrive in a dynamic forward-thinking technology environment.
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area's "Best Places to Work" by The San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. We also consider applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data-generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It's what we call Operational Intelligence.
Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 13,000 customers in more than 110 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA - from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 2,700 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, "Fun Fridays".
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and "Fun Fridays".
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor's EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk's Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk's website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone.