ID Analytics is a leader in credit and fraud risk solutions with patented analytics, proven expertise and up-to-the-minute insight into consumer behavior. Founded in 2002, with a vision to think differently about how institutions solve the problem of verifying consumers' identities, we now solve a full range of identity challenges, including assessing credit risk and improving online customer experience. Our tools help our clients protect themselves and their customers from identity risk and fraud. Our solutions are all powered by analytics, but it's our access to data unseen by other bureaus that differentiates our solutions. ID Analytics is a Symantec company.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our team.Position Summary
The Senior Software Engineer will be part of a cross-functional scrum team responsible for support and development of ID Analytics' software products using the latest technologies in languages (primarily Java), methodologies, operating systems, and databases.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization, while providing technical leadership to other team members.Principal Duties
- Design, development, test, troubleshooting, documentation and maintenance of complex software applications.
- Create functional tests for applications and user interfaces using ReadyAPI, Selenium WebDriver (Java), JBehave or other frameworks.
- Design and coding of ancillary subsystems, utilities and scripts to support production systems.
- Work independently on complex software development tasks requiring planning, scheduling, and mentoring.
- Understand and write complex SQL.
- Build scalable distributed systems.
- Design Service Oriented Architectures.
- Completing documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Providing Second Level Production Support as needed to ensure the correct functioning of the production systems on a 24/7 basis.
- Some level of client interaction may be required in order to facilitate the Production Support role.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of experience in software development using Java, C++ or C#
- Excellent problem solving and analytical abilities
- Experience and interest in large data set analysis
- Experience in web services development
- Good communication skills
- Basic knowledge of machine learning
- Other highly desirable skills/experience include:
- Experience with real-time, multi-threaded systems
- Experience with secure coding practices
- Experience with web frameworks
- Experience with common Java open source libraries (Spring Framework, Apache Commons etc.) and unit testing frameworks (JUnit, Mockito)
- Knowledge of common testing tools such as ReadyAPI or Postman
- Knowledge of various design patterns
- Knowledge of programming techniques for handling large data sets
- Knowledge of Scrum/Agile methodologies
- Familiar with database design concepts
- Familiar with Linux scripting and scripting languages such as awk and sed
- Ability to protect all forms of highly confidential and proprietary business information and ability to maintain the highest standards of privacy and security
- Ability to follow and abide by all information and security policies and practices
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.