Additional Location(s) or Information: Bay Area, CA or anywhere for the right candidate
Job Category: Engineer - Software
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
Requisition #: R1018253
What You'll Do
Cisco has been operating a number of large cloud properties based on OpenStack and other virtualization technologies. The use of these clouds includes large, external facing SaaS platforms (e.g. Spark) and managed private enterprise clouds (e.g. Metacloud).
The next phase of Cisco's cloud journey is to use its experience with large cloud deployments, to combine it with new technologies (e.g. Docker, K8S), leverage new in-house innovation (e.g. Mantl), and technology from recent acquisitions (e.g. Cliqr, Piston) along with Cisco's unique capabilities at the network and hardware level (e.g. UCS, ACI) to create the Next Generation Data Center.
The organization is positioned for maximum innovation velocity by adopting optimal organizational, operational and development methodologies (e.g. service architecture, don't build cathedrals, iterate, partner for feedback, fail-fast, DevOps). Our ambition is to create multiple, modular cloud stacks that allow enterprise workloads to consume infrastructure in an elastic, federated API-driven service model while leveraging the best-in-class hybrid cloud orchestration and deployment automation technology.
Cisco Cloud Foundation will automate any and all deployment and management processes from bare metal through virtualization, containerization, storage, security, identity management and all other data center and service components, up to and including the dynamic deployment, scaling and life cycle management of single or hybrid cloud workloads. Cisco's cloud stacks will offer unique capabilities due to Cisco's expertise at the network level that we will weave into all layers of the stacks and expose in the same API-driven fashion as everything else in the stacks.
Who You'll Work With
Cisco is building the next generation of the Cisco Cloud and Cisco Cloud Platform. This is your chance to be part of the team that accelerates Cisco's cloud journey. We combine Cisco technologies with the best Open Source technologies to build and operate a world-class cloud.
If you want to be part of the future, want to work with the best and brightest and want to "do things the right way" then join the dynamic team of Cisco Cloud.
Who You Are
You're a senior engineer with a strong desire to deliver the best quality services that are highly available and scalable. You're a highly innovative, thought-leader with superior capabilities in developing software that will make a substantial impact to our transformation. You're ready to excel in a fast-paced work environment where you'll develop, integrate, deploy and operate cloud services into a production environment.
Role & Responsibilities
• Design and develop software, micro-services, and tooling for DevOps in Java and/or Go to manage large distributed systems and Cloud services.
• Build and automate deployment of RESTful APIs for distributed, highly scalable IDaaS (Identity as a service), IAM and other Cloud Services.
• Actively involve in large-scale systems design, technology POCs and product development in an agile DevOps environment.
• Take ownership of components over the entire product life cycle, including CI/CD, testing, scale and performance, runtime management (with Dockers & K8S), monitoring, and documentation.
• Review designs and optimize existing product features to take advantage of programmable cloud infrastructure to scale and be highly available.
• Confer with users, product management and project management to determine product requirements for all major and minor releases.
• Lead and contribute to engineering projects spanning several cross-functional DevOps groups.
• A Computer Science or related undergraduate and/or master's degree.
• Server-side large scale distributed Java and/or Go experience.
• Developing Data Driven Applications using SQL databases and ORM.
• Building RESTful web services with N-tier and micro-services patterns.
• Experience with multi-threaded programming techniques and developing scalable distributed systems software.
• Experience with Agile/DevOps, CI/CD (Git, Gerrit, Jenkins) and automation with Ansible and Python scripting.
• Experience with identity and user management, SSO, SAML in a cloud environment.
• Working knowledge of OpenStack or AWS or similar cloud environments.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Understand DevOps processes in a cloud context, including: cloud engineering & development, QA, CI/CD, Cloud Operations.
• Self-motivated, able and willing to help where help is needed.
• Experience in building and/or operating a large-scale cloud-native as-a-Service environments.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: Cloud, Big Data, Services
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.