Company Description About Visa: Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere . This is our global vision and the common purpose
that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity
to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code." Job Description
Visa's Digital and Mobile Product Development (DMPD) team is building a new generation of products to facilitate commerce in everyone's digital and mobile lives. Our focus is to build intuitive features that expose profound new value for our customers, merchants and developers.
As a Senior Software Engineer for Performance Engineering, you will be joining a newly expanded team of Performance Testing experts who are passionate about delivering high quality results to facilitate the exciting developing within Visa's Digital and Mobile product lines. You will gain deep knowledge of the majority of Visa's top initiatives. The team is responsible for Performance Testing and Tuning of digital and mobile product initiatives such as Visa Checkout, Visa Token Service, Visa Multi Channel Platform, Visa Direct, and Digital Mobile Platform as part of Visa's payment technology platform/solutions. Responsibilities
- Design detailed application and infrastructure performance improvement plans and procedures for software and production data in a secure environment.
- Collaborate with Development SCRUM teams and Architects on application and system performance impacts.
- Design and run extensive performance, load, stress and scalability tests using industry standard tools and custom software as necessary.
- Develop robust benchmark workloads based on production traffic patterns and anticipated feature usage with varying load levels and varying account sets.
- Analyze and summarize performance results in reports and best practice guides.
- Review performance test plans, results and develop capacity-planning guides.
- Able to reproduce scenarios requiring special performance tests or simulations.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or other technical field.
- 2-5 years' experience as a Performance Testing & Tuning Engineer.
- In depth experience and knowledge of performance analysis tools, techniques and bench marking.
- Experience or Knowledge with one programming language like C++/Java.
- In-depth experience and knowledge of logging tools such as SPLUNK.
- Experience with monitoring tools - Sitescope, Wiley Introscope, or other Java monitoring tools.
- Strong expertise in load test tools - HP Performance Center, Jmeter APM tools like OPNET, App Dynamics Experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Performance trouble shooting (heap dump & thread dump analysis) is preferred.
- Expertise in developing Work Load Patterns, Estimations, and Develop Performance Strategy and implement it.
- An excellent understanding of complex concepts related to computer architecture, data structures and programming practices.
- Ability to diagnose complex problems and deliver analysis of root causes.
- Understanding complex performance issues and the ability to direct component owners (network, database, appdev, server OS/WAS, storage, etc.) is a plus.
- Understanding of REST web services, HTML, Java Script and CSS preferred.
- Expertise in innovation and the ability to think strategically about how to advance business-led solutions.
- Strong sense of prioritization and execution against critical deliverables, coupled with a sense of personal ownership for key projects / issue resolution.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.