Corporate Global Research
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At GE Global Research, we're redefining what's possible. From cutting-edge research in molecular pathology for use in personalized cancer diagnostics to programs in coal gasification and renewable power that drive clean energy solutions, our work at Global Research is world-renowned. As part of our team, you'll find yourself among nearly 3,000 scientists and engineers from every discipline in a dynamic atmosphere where you'll be constantly challenged to learn and grow. You'll have access to leaders on all levels of the organization and collaborate across the globe with the very best in the field. If you have an insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to articulate your vision, then join us and watch the work you do create the next generation of products and processes that will impact the globe for generations to come.
At GE Global Research we redefine what's possible, finding answers to some of the world's toughest problems. Find out more athttp://www.ge.com/researchorhttp://twitter.com/geresearchjobs, and connect with our technologists athttp://twitter.com/GEresearch
There is always an exciting new challenge on the horizon at GE Global Research because "what we imagine, we can make happen."
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Senior Software Engineer - Industrial Internet of Things
Disciplinary Engineering and Science
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
As the Senior Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) Software Engineer, you will create solutions to manage the edge of the Industrial Internet. Join the team to connect every GE asset to our Predix cloud and enable each to be remotely updated and optimized. Leverage GE's global expertise with Digital, Algorithms, Optimizers, Real-Time Control, Software Architecture, and Brilliant Machines to change the way wind turbines, gas turbines, healthcare equipment, oil and gas equipment, grid solutions, locomotives, and aircraft engines operate to enhance efficiency at a global scale.
This role develops the software stack that will run at the edge of the Industrial Internet. You will design interfaces and develop code with a scrum team to deliver foundational elements that enable secure, remote management, update, and optimizations of real-time and non-real-time apps that control how GE assets operate.
* Design and implement embedded software that will run on a multitude of edge devices and controllers
* Design interfaces with real-time controls engineers to enable safe optimization of critical infrastructure
* Evaluate emerging technologies and adopt as appropriate to accelerate the mission
* Actively design, architect, and develop IIoT technologies that enable remote management, update and optimization of real-world systems
* Work with a talented scrum team to develop and test key product features
* Be part of a high-performance, mission-based team to launch new technology and new products impacting multiple domains across the globe
* Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related discipline with minimum 10 years experience in design and development of IoT systems OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering with minimum 15 years experience in design and development of IoT systems
* Strong experience developing in C, C++, Python, Java, and Linux
* Experience with Container Engines
* Experience with OpenStack software platform
* Experience with DevOps practices and tools such as Chef or Puppet
* Experience with Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment (CI-CD)
* Experience deploying 3+ applications to Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, or other PaaS/SaaS environments
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals at the Masters level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
* Flexible work location may be considered
* Must be 18 years or older
* You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Experience with Embedded Linux, microcontrollers and/or FPGAs
* Experience with Real-Time Hypervisors
* Experience with Industrial Controls
* Experience with a Secure Development Lifecycle
* Experience with MQTT, DDS, OPC-UA, and REST Protocols
* Experience with Container Signing, App Signing, hardware roots of trust, Linux SE
* Experience with Remote access products, VPNs, gateways, firewalls, proxies, and networking configurations
* Experience with Enterprise Architectures
* Experience launching both a successful and a failed product
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Demonstrated capability to thrive in a matrixed team environment
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.