The Johnson & Johnson Diabetes Care Companies is recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer (iOS) to be located in Wayne, PA.
The Johnson & Johnson Diabetes Care Companies (JJDCC) includes blood glucose monitoring systems (LifeScan, Inc.), insulin delivery systems (Animas Corporation and Calibra Medical), and healthcare professional product training and educational programs to improve care and outcomes (The Johnson & Johnson Diabetes Institute). The JJDCC are committed to creating a world without limits for people with diabetes by offering innovative products and services to best serve their needs. The JJDCC culture is founded on the principles of the Johnson & Johnson Credo, Johnson & Johnson Leadership Imperatives and three JJDSC values: We Care About Everything We Do; We Execute with Excellence and Keep Our Promises; and We Compete as One.
The Digital R&D team at Johnson & Johnson Diabetes Care Companies seeks a talented iOS Developer to join our team creating digital products for people with diabetes. This role partners with a team of fellow software engineers to invent novel ways to better manage diabetes through digital. This is a hands-on role and the right individual lives and breathes outstanding iOS software development. The Senior Software Engineer (iOS) is expert in and stays up to the minute on state of the art digital development technologies, especially those relevant to iPhone development and related cloud technologies. They have expert opinions on the best toolsets for creating the highest caliber mobile software. While their expertise and depth is in iOS, they preferably also possess skill sets on other platforms such as Android and Web.
The Senior Software Engineer will:
Have prior experience with digital software development for regulated medical devices.
Possess or have the ability to rapidly develop a strategic understanding of patient/customer needs, technology and technical intellectual property of J&J and our competitors.
Have knowledge of the Agile software development process and Scrum.
Have the ability to exercise in a world of medical device software and design control.
Ensure that digital product development takes place in a manner compliant with all J&J quality and regulatory standards.
Have prior experience working with cloud based technologies.
Have prior experience building products using methods that easily support the aggregation of data analytics.
- Be accountable for creating competitive advantage through the engineering of innovative digital products that complement the full Diabetes Care Companies portfolio and set the standard for industry.
- 5 years of software engineering experience is required.
- Experience as a successful iOS software engineer is preferred.
- Experience in development of consumer-facing software products with a healthcare focus is required.
- Experience with large-scale web-based architectures including cloud technologies, preferred.
- Knowledge of or ability to quick absorb connectivity protocols between medical devices and digital software is required.
- Experience with FDA regulations as they pertain to software development is preferred.
Lifescan Inc. (6097)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.