GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Digital
At GE O&G Digital Solutions, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It's about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it's about the future of industry-energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It's about making the world work better.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Senior Software Engineer- Java
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
You will be responsible for programing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. You will also contribute to design discussions.
In this role, you will:
* Be responsible for defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
* Translate requirements defined as user stories and deliver to required timelines and quality standards
* Write unit test cases and end to end test cases
* Support process improvements which guide the development, sustaining & support activities
* Coach, mentor junior team members
* Work cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables
* Drive world-class quality in the development and support of products
* Communicate effectively within immediate team
* Engage subject matter experts in successful transfer of complex domain knowledge
* Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
* Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
* Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
* Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using technology chosen
* Proactively share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
* A minimum of 5 years of experience in developing software OR Master's degree with 3 years of experience.
* A minimum of 2 years of experience in developing software in an agile or extreme programming environment
* Legal authorization to work
in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an
employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in San Ramon, CA
* Must be willing to travel (less than 10% of the time)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Strong technical skills preferably in both front end and backend technologies as outlined below
* Proficiency in Java (1.7 or later), JUnit, database technologies, Spring MVC, JPA, REST, Jackson, SOA, JPA Solid
* Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and Java coding principle
* Experience using backend technologies such as, Oracle, PostgreSQL, NoSql, Cassandra, Spark and Linux.
* Strong knowledge in core data structures and algorithms concepts and design patterns
* Experience developing web applications (Spring, RESTful, Jersey, RestEasy,JAX-WS, Web Services)
* Experience developing applications using reactive frameworks like nodejs, Spring Boot, Play or a solid experience building applications on top of RESTful APIs and micro services
* Experience working with GIT, Maven or Gradle, Cloud Foundry
* Experience in cloud computing, distributed systems, object oriented design, relational and NoSQL databases, REST APIs, asynchronous programming, and micro-services architecture.
* Experience in at least one of the following areas: asset management, configuration management, graph databases, query optimization, large scale data storage
* Strong understanding and experience in agile methodologies such as Extreme Programming, Scrum, Kanban, BDD/TDD, pair programing, continuous integration/delivery.
* Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
* Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
* Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry trends
* Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
* Ability to takes ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
* Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
* Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy.
* Makes suggestions to course correct
* Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments.
* Effectively balances different, competing objectives
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Effective team building and problem solving abilities
* Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks.
* Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.