Blizzard Entertainment has an opening for a talented and enthusiastic senior software engineer to join our Battle.net accounts and commerce team!
The Battle.net accounts and commerce team develops the services and infrastructure, that houses hundreds of millions of Battle.net accounts, and handles millions of transactions for the StarCraft, Diablo, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, and the Overwatch franchises, for multiple regions around the globe. Ever wonder how that spectral mount is represented in our account database, or what happens when you click "Buy" in Hearthstone for additional booster packs? Curious what happens on a game launch night, where millions of customers attend midnight launches, rush home to claim a key, and unlock access to games, features, upgrades, and more? Have you added an authenticator or your mobile number to bolster the security of your account? Well, we're the team that provides the platform, that powers all of those features and more.
We primarily use Java, as well as technologies like Tomcat, Spring, RabbitMQ, RDBMSs, and more, to deliver a world-class platform for our internal game teams, support team, and Web teams. We're an internal hub at Blizzard, and are involved in some fashion on nearly every project and release within Blizzard! We see many high load events, and work on highly scalable infrastructure to meet our project goals!
The senior software engineer will work with a team of talented engineers, to develop scalable and highly performant platform services. The role focuses on server-side engineering and architecture, while interfacing with game teams as stakeholders.Requirements
- A minimum of 8 years' professional software engineering experience
- Expert knowledge of computer science (CS) fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Expert understanding of service-oriented architecture (SOA), including Web services, message-oriented middleware, security, and n-tier architectures
- Strong understanding of scalable and highly concurrent server architecture design
- Familiar with various forms of testing practices, including regression, acceptance, functional, and load testing
- Expert knowledge of data-modeling and RDBMS development experience
- Excellent communications skills
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
- Passion for technology and video games
- Linux experience
- Familiar with the Spring Framework
- Previous experience delivering easy-to-use APIs to multiple consumers
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.