Atrium (35004), United States of America, Rolling Meadows, Illinois
Senior Software Engineer, Java
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. As a senior member of the team, you will drive the design, implementation, testing, deployment, and post-release support in an agile application development environment. You will execute on engineering and release priorities successfully through strong leadership and communication. Whether a bug fix or an awesome feature, you will own your work and deliver the most elegant and scalable solutions.
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in software engineering
- At least 2 years experience in JVM based web application development
- At least 1 year of Agile experience
- Masters Degree
- 2+ years of experience building RESTful web services with server-side frameworks like Spring Boot and Play
- 2+ years of experience working with NoSQL and distributed storage technology including Hadoop, HBase, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, and Redis
- 1+ year of experience with microservices architecture
- 1+ year of experience with front end technology stack, such as AngularJS, React.js or Babel/TypeScript
- 1+ year of experience with Scala and Groovy languages
- 1+ year of experience in AWS or similar cloud computing environments with infrastructure and configuration management tools like Ansible, Docker or Mesos
Capital One will consider sponsoring you for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.