West Creek 7 (12077), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Senior Software Engineer, JAVA
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. At Capital One, you'll be part of a group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask “what if”?
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applicationsusing cutting-edge opensource frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
What you’ll do:
- Design and code programs; create and run test transactions; use insights gained to produce necessary design and code revisions. Be willing to take calculated risks.
- Conduct analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems, providing ongoing feedback.
- Identify technical obstacles early and work closely with team to find creative solutions.
- Educate team members (including Scrum Masters and Product Owners) on capabilities and constraints of technology platforms.
- Review, analyze, and modify programming systems, including coding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale system. Maintain meticulous records to document program development and revisions.
- Consistently share best practices and improve processes within and across sprint teams.
- Mentor junior developers and work to advance culture of technical excellence.
- BachelorsDegree or military experience.
- At least 6 years of experience in application development.
- At least 6 years of experience with Java or at least 4 years of experience with Scala using Spring framework.
- At least 4 years of experience working with databases.
- At least 4 years of experience using DevOps tools.
- At least 4 years of experience building versioned, integrated APIs, in a distributed-service architecture environment.
- At least 1 year of experience with Agile practices.
- 7+ years of experience in Application development.
- 7+ years of experience in Web development.
- 3+ years of design experience of common design patterns and relevant libraries.
- 2+ year of experience as a lead on IT Projects.
- 1+ year experience using Big Data and Fast Data tools like Hadoop, Kafka, ELK, and Spring XD.
- 1+ year of experience using Apache Spark, Apache Storm, Apache Samza, and Apache nifi.
- 1+ year experience with Amazon Web Services using Meso, Docker, Solr, Marathon, or AWS Lambda.
- 1+ year of experience using CAP Theorem and trade offs.
- Agile Software Delivery and Engineering Practice experience such as: Pair Programming, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Acceptance Test Driven Development.
- Java and Web Application Development developer certifications.
At this time, Capital One will not consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.