Towers Crescent 2 (12067), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
Senior Software Engineer - Java
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment that values diversity of thought and ideas where people from a variety of backgrounds guided by our shared Values come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work.
We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers and mobile product managers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
- Develop applications using enterprise java technology stack and object oriented methodologies.
- Perform as technical lead on software development projects with responsibility for overall delivery of software components including writing code.
- Collaborating with other tech leads to ensure integrated end-to-end design
- Documenting design decisions and ensuring adherences
- Supporting QA during testing, and oversight during implementation into production.
- Conduct design & code reviews
- Work with product owners and design teams to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, and implement technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Leverage engineering practices like pair programming, TDD, ATDD, CI/CD, and Refactoring techniques
- Partner with technology support teams to help resolve production issues in emergency situation
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends and best practices: experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in community of practice groups, and mentor more junior members of the engineering community
- Encourage inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Lead developers in IT projects
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience with Java Standard and Enterprise edition
- At least 1 year of experience with SOA Web Services
- At least 1 years of experience with API and REST web services
- 5+ years of experience with Spring framework
- 5+ years of experience with mocking framework for Unit testing
- 5+ years of experience with Performance Testing and tuning experience with Java
- 5+ years of experience with CI/CD
- 5+ years of experience with GitHub/Maven
- 3+ years of experience with Tomcat
- 3+ years of experience with Apache
- 3+ years of experience with AWS Cloud
- 1+ years of experience with Agile
- 1+ years of experience with Jenkins
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.