Senior Software Engineer, Java
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Use engineering practices like pair programming, TDD, ATDD, CI/CD, and Refactoring techniques
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- At least 5 years of SDLC experience using Java EE technologies for Middleware and Backend Integration
- At least 3 years of experience in developing RESTful APIs using Spring or Jersey deploying on public cloud
- At least 1 year of experience in one of the following: RDBMS, SQL, No-SQL, RDS, PostgreSQL, MongoDB or DynamoDB
- 5+ years' experience programming in Java
- 3+ years' experience in Java, J2EE, Web Services, RESTFUL APIs, Spring/Spring Boot, JSON and XML
- Frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate etc, are common practice for you.
- 3+ years' experience with one of the following Web services like SOAP, REST and JSON
- 3+ years' experience with Enterprise integration software (SOA, ESB, BPM, and JMS) and database technologies (MySQL, SQL)
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.