Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Our Single-Family team in Reston, VA is currently searching for a Senior Software Engineer (Java and AWS) to design/develop high-profile applications and assist with Strategic Initiatives (e.g. Cloud Transformation). You'll be responsible for leading development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the applications. You'll also participate in or review all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software. KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Participate with team of technical staff and business managers or practitioners in the business unit to determine systems requirements and functionalities needed in large/complex development project.
- Assess and develop high level design requirements for project and communicate in writing or in meetings with development team. Assess detailed specifications against design requirements.
- Review coding done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development. Analyze application for data integrity issues.
- Develop test protocols or plan for testing revised application and review test results.
- Serve as project lead or lead technical staff in course of application development project
- May mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required MINIMUM EXPERIENCE
6 years of related experience SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6 years of professional software development experience
- Required experience must include:
- 6 years of Java, JEE, Spring (or another type of full stack development experience)
- Hands-on experience with AWS Native Services (EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Lambda, Postgress/Aurora)
- RESTful Web Services
- Agile / Scrum (SAFe preferred)
- Hands-On experience with architecting and implementing integration solution(s) (REST/XML/JDBC/DB)
- Desired experience may include:
- Cloud Foundry
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI / CD)
- SVN, Jenkins and Maven
- Cloud deployment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.