Software Engineering Job Number:
The Hadoop Application Developer will join the team responsible for transitioning mission critical payment processing offline solutions from legacy architecture to a NoSQL based solution utilizing Hadoop. This position will require design and development of various features to modernize the payment processing solution leveraging Hadoop, J2EE and other open source technologies.
- Gather and analyze requirements from product owners
- Design and develop highly scalable and fault-tolerant applications using Hadoop, J2EE and open source technologies
- Develop Hadoop applications that are reliable, massively scalable, highly available (99.999% uptime), and maintainable
- Understand and adhere to "Big Data" best practices and principles
- Identify and communicate process improvements
- Responsible for code quality, code reviews, design reviews, code documentation and design documentation for maintainability
- Troubleshoot issues on jobs runs; debug complex problems with development team
- Knowledge sharing with other team members
- Stay up to date on new tools & techniques on the Hadoop platform
- Conduct proof of concept activities with key business users in support of advanced business cases
About Visa: Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related degree from an accredited university
- 2-3 years of experience designing and developing large scale reporting and data delivery solutions using Hadoop
- Experience with migrating from legacy applications to Hadoop is considered a huge plus
- Proven Linux experience including Shell Scripts, Directory Navigation, Files and Permissions, and Job Scheduling
- Experience with Sqoop, Flume, Hive, Pig, Java Map/Reduce, Oozie
- Experience with data flows, data architecture, ETL and processing of structured and unstructured data
- Certified Hadoop Developer status preferred
- Experience on Cloudera distribution preferred
- Experience with Payment and/or Credit Card processing is considered a plus
. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere . This is our global vision and the common purpose
that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity
to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code."
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.