Senior Software Engineer Job Description
Develops software as the primary job function Designs, develops, debugs & tests complex software in any field e.g., systems software, software development tools, applications, drivers, numerical methods, UI's, web. May work directly with companies developing and optimizing compilers, operating systems, and other software technologies.Qualifications
The successful candidate's minimum qualifications will include the following:
Inside this Business Group
- Bachelor's degree with 8 years of experience in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Working experience with low level embedded software development.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of 'C' and object-oriented programming, data structures and algorithms. Experience with embedded microprocessors based on ARM, MIPS, PPC, and/or DSP cores. Experience in development of Bootrom and Bootloaders.
- Working exposure to cryptography, software signing and authentication.
- Scripting skills, including shell, Perl, or Python.
- Proven expertise with device drivers, RTOS, tools development in C, C , and/or Java.
- Experience with hardware/software validation in pre and post-silicon environments, debug and test development.
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.