We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today! Job Summary: Internal title USFG009 -Apl Sub Matter Expert III
Provides high level of expertise in the design and functionality of business applications; Understands the business objectives and how best they can be supported by IT; Responsible for the conceptual design of business applications; Reviews and validates the technical design for business applications provided by the supplier; Performs quality review checks on project deliverables; Validates suppliers estimates; Performs impact analysis of application changes across various components; Estimates Rough Order of Magnitude to implement new application functionality; Specifies / recommends integration and parallel testing criteria; Supports the implementation activities, as required; Mentors lower level colleagues. Essential Job Functions
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Is responsible for the conceptual design of business applications.
- Mentors lower level colleagues Performs impact analysis of application changes across various components, holding an end-to-end view of the system.
- Specifies / Recommends Integration and Parallel testing criteria.
- Understands customers’ processes and products and how they fit within the goals of the business unit.
- Reviews and validates the detailed technical design for business applications provided by the supplier to ensure alignment with business requirements; Validates suppliers estimates. Estimates Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort/cost of new application functionality.
- Performs quality review checks on project deliverables.
- Acts as liaison between Business and IT, as assigned.
- Supports users in building Business Case, including cost / benefit analysis, risk assessment, project scope, and development of a high level plan.
- Supports the implementation activities, troubleshooting system environmental issues, training as required.
- Business Analyst with strong technical background to support project intake, user story definition and product management in an agile development environment.
- Experience in integration services development which involves Java/J2EE, Gateway, ESB, Web Services/REST APIs and Micro Services is required.
- Strong Java development background is required.
- Mulesoft development experience is preferred.
- Other integration platform experience is considered for suitable candidates.
. Physical Actions Physical Environment Education Requirements:
Bachelors degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience. Experience Requirements: L
evel IlI: 5 years of experience in application development / testing or business / system analysis role or 1 year of experience as an Application SME Level Il. Special Skill Requirement
Able to actively take part in meetings and conferences and communicate effectively.
Capable of composing reports and technical explanations.
Good written and oral skills in local language.
May require occasional traveling. An Equal Opportunity Employer
A little about us: