McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Software Engineer, Python and AWS
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on large scale reliable applications that impact the way that Capital One does business. You will participate in the detailed technical design, development and implementation of applications using emerging technologies. You'll bring a solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: Java, AngularJS, Golang, Python, REST, JSON, XML, HTML / HTML5, CSS, Docker, Serverless, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
You will have the opportunity to continuously develop technical knowledge and skills on multiple platforms, and educate team members on the capabilities and constraints of technologies.
Who you are:
- You yearn to be part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule
- Someone who is not intimidated by challenges; thrives even under pressure; is passionate about their craft; and hyper focused on delivering exceptional results
- You love to learn new technologies and mentor junior engineers to raise the bar on your team
- It would be awesome if you have a robust portfolio on Github and / or open source contributions you are proud to share
- Passionate about intuitive and engaging user interfaces, as well as new/emerging concepts and techniques in web design
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in software development
- At least 1 year of experience in one of the following: Python, Golang or Node.js design and software development
- At least 1 year experience in one of the following Cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- At least 1 year of Agile experience
- 5+ years experience programming in Java or at least 2 years experience with Golang or Node.js design and software development
- 1+ years experience of Python development experience
- 2+ years CI/CD and DevOps experience
- 1+ years experience in building Serviceless solutions
- 1+ years container development experience
- 1+ years experience with AWS cloud based development
- 1+ years test architecture experience
- 1+ years experience performance tuning and monitoring tools
Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.