Intuit's Small Business Group (SBG) develops and brings to market the products that small businesses and accountants depend on every day for their success. These products include accounting products (QuickBooks), payments, payroll and others.
Come join the Quickbooks Platform Engineering team as a Senior Software Engineer. In this role you will have the opportunity to be a technical lead of a highly visible team working on billing and subscriptions at scale to create new capabilities in the platform applying your skills in architecting, designing and implementing high quality products. Responsibilities:
- Lead the gathering of functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning
- Designing, developing web & mobile applications, prototypes, or proofs of concepts (POC's)
- Act as a technical leader: Mentoring junior engineers, applying technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems and driving the team to engineering and operational excellence in a high-velocity agile environment.
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
- Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams: product management, QA/QE, various product lines, or business units to drive forward results
- Demonstrate passion and contribute to best practices for design, coding standards and release process
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- 8+ years experience architecting, designing, prototyping and developing web or mobile applications
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Strong leadership experience: Leading meetings, presenting, technical go to person, and cross-functional leader
- 4+ years of strong programming experience in core Java/J2EE
- 2+ years of experience with web services (consuming or creating) with REST
- Strong experience with DevOps tools and processes for managing services on AWS
- Familiar with: databases like Oracle and distributed Cache
- Strong experience with Object Oriented Development (OOD)
- Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Solid communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong understanding of the Software design/architecture process
- Experience with unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Familiar with the development challenges inherent with highly scalable and available web applications
- Experience with Agile Development & SCRUM
- Experience and passion for open source technologies, prototyping and/or researching the up and coming technology and solutions
- Passion for troubleshooting issues in production and being data driven
- Experience big data and MPP technologies is a big plus.
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market - from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Staff DevOps Engineer Staff Software Engineer Senior Business Intelligence Manager Senior Front-End Software Engineer (React, Relay, GraphQL) Senior Software Engineer See More…
A little about us:
We hire team members that share these values: Integrity Without Compromise. We Care and Give Back. Deliver Awesome. Win Together. Learn Fast. Delight Customers. Be Passionate. Be Decisive. Be Bold.