Our newly formed organization is chartered to bring payment capabilities and other value-added services to Partners and Marketplaces in both online and offline channels. It is our goal to package the complexity of our payment system in a simple integration for our partners and provide a seamless checkout experience for their consumers.
We are looking for passionate senior Java web services engineers to work on the new REST API and experiences we are crafting for our partners and their customers. This requires the ability to go deep in PayPal payment system with many dependencies while responsible for the technical design and implementation of our components.
As an engineer in our development team you will be responsible for the development and delivery of the web services supporting PayPal user experiences on various channels (web, mobile, etc.), as well as integrations with partners. You will work closely with product and experience to understand the requirements and deliver the API that meets these requirements. Technologies used vary from Java, Web services, Oracle, Node.js, etc...
If you are the kind of engineer who is passionate about bringing great products to life especially in payment area, being a crafts(wo)man in engineering and love working in a collaborative environment with your product partners and dependency teams, then we want to talk to you. Responsibilities
- Design and define REST API spec for high performance, scalability, and availability
- Write REST API implementation following best practices.
- Understand and experience OAuth
- Ability to go in-depth of the technology stack, across different technologies to understand end-2-end system workflow.
- Own and drive development and delivery of features in the API
- Partner closely with product and other dependency teams to craft great product experiences.
- Be a crafts(wo)man and encourage code craftsmanship across team.
- Actively participate in code reviews to attain the highest standards for Java REST API
- Follow agile methodologies PDLC
- Follow clean code principles.
- Be innovative through rapid prototyping and iterative development.
A little about us:
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.