Additional Location(s) or Information:
Job Category: Engineer - Software
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
Requisition #: R1020346
SOFTWARE ENGINEER - Central Software Group
San Jose, CA
The Business Entity
Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people
connect, communicate, and collaborate. Since 1984, Cisco has led in the
innovation of IP-based networking technologies such as routing,
switching, security, unified communications, video, and wireless. Our
responsible business practices help ensure business sustainability and
environmentally conscious operations and products.
Cisco is a $40 Billion dollar global leader in supplying leading edge,
best-in-class networking products driving today's Internet. The company
is ranked as one of the world's best employers and spends over $5 Billion
dollars a year invested in R&D. Cisco is a great place to grow your
Core Software Group seeks an experienced Engineer to join the Evolved Device Manageability team to help transform the industry by enabling users to use Yang data models to program and manage Cisco routers and switches. The team provides NETCONF/RESTCONF/YANG infrastructure support and drives cohesive Netconf/Yang strategy for Cisco routing and switching platforms across XR, XE / Polaris, and NX-OS. The team is made of a group of manageability and programmability passionate engineers with diversity of skill sets from routing protocol to GUI. Requires use of a strong background in SW design, documentation and implementation, on projects that may include any of the following list of responsibilities and skills.
Role & Responsibilities
The ideal candidate should possess the following attributes:
• Work closely with other SW and HW Engineers to develop and support device programmability features
• Design, and determine product direction
• Represent your team with other Cisco departments, customers, and industry
• Author product and project specifications
• Partner with Management Team in defining and planning projects
• Take a lead role in Cisco¹s Patent Program
• Work with Cisco other technical leads and industry leads to understand customer needs, and devise solutions for, with respect to device manageability.
• Ability to solve complex problems involving multiple products.
• Ability to effectively present technological concepts to a wide audience.
• Ability to influence the development of industry wide standards.
• Exercises good judgement determining how to best achieve technical objectives of assignment.
• Creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills
• Excellent teamwork and people skills
• Programming experience (C, C++), script languages (Perl, Python)
• Familiarity with Unix/Linux
• Experience working on embedded systems
• Master's degree or BSC
• 3+ years of experience in Computer Products Development
• Experience with OS internals or virtualization software.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
@CiscoCareers is #hiring #software engineer #computer science #computer engineering #bsc #8+yrs exp
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: Internet of Everything
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.