West Creek 6 (12076), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Senior Software Engineer
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. We're changing banking for good. At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask “what if?” Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry.
We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices - Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Driving project/service development and delivery.
- Performing as technical lead on software development projects with responsibility for overall delivery of software components.
- Collaborating with other platforms tech leads to ensure integrated end-to- end design.
- Documenting design decisions and ensuring adherences.
- Enforcing existing process guidelines.
- Mentoring junior developers.
- Supporting QA during testing, and oversight during implementation into production.
- Conducting design & code reviews.
- Supporting PM in technical tasks & delivery schedule development.
- Reviewing system test scenarios & test cases.
- Monitoring operating efficiency of existing application systems.
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years experience in software development
- At least 1 year of experience developing server side applications
- At least 1 year of experience developing client side applications
- At least 1 year of experience with Spring framework
- Masters Degree
- 6+ years experience in software development
- 5+ years experience in Agile practices
- 3 years experience as lead developing technology projects
- Sun Certified Java Programmer OR Sun Certified Java Developer OR Spring framework certification
- 2+ years experience on Cloud Technologies AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- 2+ years experience with Open-Source or public GitHub projects
- 2+ years experience in Unix Shell Scripting
At this time, Capital One will sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.?