Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Sling code – Meet interesting people – Change the world Seriously! Join us – a transformative, leading-edge technology company, AND do something good! Capital One (Yes, that “what’s in your wallet?” Capital One), is on a quest to change banking for good. We will help our customers succeed, by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to Investing. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
We experiment and innovate, leveraging the latest technologies, and engineer breakthrough customer experiences. We make a difference for 65 million customers. At Capital One, you'll be part of a group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask “what if?”.
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You will drive the design, implementation, testing, deployment, and post-release support in an agile application development environment. You will execute on engineering and release priorities successfully through strong leadership and communication. Whether a bug fix or an awesome feature, you will own your work and deliver the most elegant and scalable solutions. You’ll achieve this ambitious goal by working within a nimble, autonomous, cross-functional Agile team, composed of software engineers, designers, and digital product management. You will use state-of-the art methods for working backwards from customers including: Design Thinking, Design Sprints, and LEAN.
What you get to do
* You will dream up cool ideas
* You will disrupt the status quo
* You will deliver things that get used. Heavily.
* You will be passionate about your craft; and hyper focused on delivering exceptional results
* Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
* At least 5 years of hands-on experience in software engineering
* At least 5 years of Object-oriented and functional programming in a full stack application development environment
* At least 2 years of experience building efficient databases
* At least 2 years of experience in HTML5 and CSS
* At least 2 years of experience in RESTful Services
* You have a portfolio on Github and/or open source contributions
* 4+ years of TSQL, NoSQL and distributed storage technology including Hadoop, HBase, Cassandra, Elasticsearch
* 4+ years of experience in Spring Boot or similar MVC frameworks
* 2+ years of Cloud experience
* 2+ years of Container software experience
* 2+ years of experience with microservices architecture
* 2+ years of experience with React.js and/or AngularJS
* 2+ years working in a devops environment
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.