114 5th Ave (22114), United States of America, New York, New York
The Security and Technology Analytics team is on a mission to improve detection and prevention of cyber attacks across all the Capital One enterprise systems. We envision, create, deploy, and maintain critical security tools powered by streaming big data, state of the art machine learning, micro-service architecture, and beautiful visualizations in the cloud. We are highly technical with strong backgrounds in what we do.
As a senior member of the team, you will drive the design, implementation, testing, deployment, and post-release support in an agile application development environment. You will execute on engineering and release priorities successfully through strong leadership and communication. Whether a bug fix or an awesome feature, you will own your work and deliver the most elegant and scalable solutions.
Who you are:
- You yearn to be part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule
- Someone who is not intimidated by challenges; thrives even under pressure; is passionate about their craft; and hyper focused on delivering exceptional results
- You love to learn new technologies and mentor junior engineers to raise the bar on your team
- It would be awesome if you have a robust portfolio on Github and / or open source contributions you are proud to share
- Passionate about intuitive and engaging user interfaces, as well as new/emerging concepts and techniques in web design
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in software engineering
- At least 2 years experience in JVM based web application development
- Strong understanding in building efficient database and search engine queries
- At least 2 years experience in HTML5 and CSS
- 2+ years of experience building RESTful web services with server-side frameworks like Spring Boot and Play
- 2+ years of experience working with NoSQL and distributed storage technology including Hadoop, HBase, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, and Redis
- 1+ year of experience with microservices architecture
- 1+ year of experience with front end technology stack, such as React.js/AngularJS and Babel/TypeScript
- 1+ year of experience with Scala and Groovy languages
- 1+ year of experience in AWS or similar cloud computing environments with infrastructure and configuration management tools like Ansible, Docker, and Mesos
Capital One will consider sponsoring you for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.