Senior Software Engineer
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applicationsusing cutting-edge opensource frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
What you’ll do:
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve softwareengineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn newtechnologies, participatein internal & externaltechnology communities, andmentor other members of theengineering community
- Encourage innovation,implementationof cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-boxthinking, teamwork, self-organization,and diversity
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) or military experience
- At least 7 years’ experience in software development
- At least 5 years’ experience in Agile practices
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.