Senior Software Engineer (Salesforce)
Capital One is actively seeking highly creative and intellectually curious Salesforce.com Software Engineers who are passionate about coding, to join our team! This is an opportunity to display knowledge of your craft by having a hand in leveraging Salesforce and supporting apps to impact the way that Capital One does business. Working within an Agile environment, you will actively participate in story planning and detailed daily standups, while providing input for architectural design decisions, and developing code to meet story acceptance criteria. You will have the opportunity to continuously grow and develop technical knowledge and skills on multiple platforms, as well as educate team members (including BSAs, Scrum Masters and Product Owners) on the capabilities and constraints of technologies. You will be an integral part in advancing the culture of technical excellence within Capital One, and creating experiences to delight of both internal and external customers!
· Analyze internal user needs and develop software solutions with limited or no supervision.
· Design/implement database enhancements including: custom objects, custom fields, custom formulas, validation rules, approval processes, record types and custom workflows
·Use the Salesforce platform to design, code, test, debug, package and deploy quality, scalable and well documented solution
·Create Roles, Profiles, Role Hierarchy, Custom Profiles, Custom Page layouts. In depth understanding of Profiles, Roles based on Organization role hierarchy and should have experience implementing Record-Level and Field-Level security and configured sharing settings.
· Analyze organization processes, convert business workflows into Force.com workflows, and configure Salesforce.com to meet business requirements; Create Email Templates, Workflows, Workflow Actions and Approval Process.
·Design complex dashboards
· Maintain a holistic view of all business processes and users in the system to understand cross functional impacts of new custom development with regard to configuration, process, workflow and reporting
· Successfully document/maintain documentation of application code, application use and flow
· Maintain security settings, access settings, etc. (User Profiles, Role Hierarchy, Sharing Rules and Security)
·Complete data migration from databases to SFDC using Data Loader and other ETL tools such as SnapLogic and/or Informatica Cloud.
· Research changes in upcoming versions of salesforce.com and other integrated applications; provide recommendations when necessary to enhance efficiency and productivity
- Bachelor Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in software engineering
- At least 2 years of development experience with Salesforce.com - including Apex, workflow, and Visual Force development
- At least 2 years of experience with working in an Agile environment
• Salesforce.com Advanced Developer OR Platform Developer II certification
• 5+ years experience in Salesforce.com Apex, workflow and Visual Force development
• 3+ years experience with Salesforce Integration/web services
• 3+ years experience with App exchange products
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.