Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and enthusiastic senior software engineer to join the Heroes of the Storm team in Irvine, California. This developer will focus on game and service feature implementation, as well as live maintenance of the online service.Responsibilities
- Implement new features related to the online aspects of Heroes of the Storm.
- Review logs and monitor data to diagnose and fix issues occurring on the live service.
- Strong C programming skills
- Familiar with implementing client / server architecture
- A mind towards scalability and performance
- Excellent debugging and diagnostic skills
- Highly motivated and proactive
- High comfort level working within (and analyzing and improving) an established code base
- Able to work in a collaborative environment with a team of highly skilled programmers
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Passion for video games
Required Application Materials
- Previous experience shipping video game titles or other software
- Networking experience in TCP / IP and UDP protocols
- Linux development experience
- Database development experience (e.g., MySQL, Oracle)
- Scripting language experience (e.g., Python)
- Distributed systems experience
- Low level network knowledge and diagnosis including packet capture (e.g., tcpdump, wireshark), routing, firewalls, DHCP, DNS, and NAT busting
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.