Compelling stories. Intense multiplayer. Endless replayability. Qualities that made StarCraft, Warcraft III, and Diablo II the titans of their day. Evolving operating systems, hardware, and online services have made them more difficult to be experienced by their loyal followers or reaching a new generation.
We're restoring them to glory, and we need your engineering talents, your passion, and your ability to get tough jobs done.
So if you like wearing many hats, know small teams are the most effective, and look forward to challenges that will create millions of new adventures for our players: we would love to hear from you. Responsibilities
- Implement server infrastructure changes to support new gameplay features.
- Create conditions for experiences that look as good as they play.
- Own implementation and curation of features new and old.
- Combat hacking to improve multiplayer.
- Diagnose and fix all the things: crashes, deadlocks, overflows, heap corruptions, etc.
- Strong knowledge of C / C
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in development
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a video game industry
- Familiar with implementing client / server architecture
- A mind towards scalability and performance
- Experience debugging unfamiliar code
- Passion for games
- Previous experience shipping video game titles or other software
- Networking experience in TCP / IP and UDP protocols
- Linux development experience
- Database development experience (e.g., MySQL, Oracle)
- Scripting language experience (e.g., Python)
- Distributed systems experience
- Low level network knowledge and diagnosis including packet capture (e.g., tcpdump, wireshark), routing, firewalls, DHCP, DNS, and NAT busting
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.