Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility. About Secureworks
In today's digitally connected world, an organization's security program should enable the business as well as protect it from an evolving threat landscape. Traditional security approaches alone are not enough to close the gaps that cybercriminals will try to exploit. Combined with Secureworks technology, our dedicated experts work across all security layers to detect faster, respond smarter, and predict and prevent more threats altogether. Our team's holistic approach to security empowers organizations with the confidence to grow and innovate, knowing they are prepared to outwit adversaries.
A recognized leader in the industry, Secureworks has been exclusively focused on cybersecurity since 1999. Partnering with more than 330 security technologies, we enrich our clients' defenses with intelligence from the 250 billion events we see every day across our 4,400 clients in 55+ countries. We seek out the brightest minds and empower our teams with the tools and support they need to fight the bad guys. Consistently recognized by industry analysts and readers' polls, we are one of the best in the world at understanding the threat.Role Overview
In this exciting role, you will work on the next generation of Secureworks security products. You'll join a very seasoned team of software engineers and data scientists and collaborate with stakeholders across security and technology groups to drive innovation and develop optimal architectures for large scale, data problems. You will primarily focus on software development for these products, while helping drive the overall product architecture, particularly at the data access layer.
The ideal candidate will possess strong technical knowledge and software development background with an emphasis on designing and developing software leveraging Public Cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure), and big data solutions (e.g. Hadoop, MapReduce, Splunk, etc.) This position also requires experience in designing, developing and reviewing security and technology architectures, and the ability to identify and drive issues to closure. This individual must be a consensus builder, a team player, and work well within an open security posture environment.Core Responsibilities Include
- Software development for the data architecture of an innovative new platform
- Applicant must be highly motivated and willing to work in an entrepreneurial team environment with very talented individuals on complex, early-stage development projects.
- Drive idea generation for new software products, or for the next version of an existing product
Required Skills and Experience
- Ensure solutions are well engineered, operable, maintainable, and delivered on schedule.
- Monitor current and future security trends, technology and information that will positively affect products and services as well as apply and integrate emerging technological trends to new and existing systems architecture
- Apply new and innovative ideas to old or new problems. Foster environments that encourage innovation. Contribute to and support effort to further build intellectual property via patents.
- Technical expertise with public cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure) and associated technologies and capabilities
- Technical expertise developing new software platforms that leverage big data solutions (e.g. Hadoop, MapReduce, Splunk, etc.)
- Technical expertise with containers (e.g. Docker) and container orchestration (i.e. Kubernetes)
- 8+ years of relevant software engineering experience with object oriented and functional/scripted languages; experience driving architecture for enterprise products
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience architecting and developing solutions leveraging big data (e.g. Hadoop, MapReduce, Splunk )
- Experience architecting security for products, enterprise, information and other initiatives
- Knowledge of cloud platform security best practices
- Highly proficient architecting and developing highly scalable and performant big data solutions with a key emphasis on security and maintaining data privacy
- Authentication Methods: (Federation, SSO, OAUTH, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Enjoys working in a demanding, and a very dynamic "start-up" culture
- Must have strong problem-solving skills, high level of personal integrity
- Ability to professionally handle confidential matters, and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing on Cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, Azure
- 5+ years of experience developing with containers and container orchestration solutions
- Experience working with Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)
- Experience developing software systems from early stage/incubation through general availability (GA)
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company)
- Track record working on innovative and entrepreneurial projects, either within a large organization or in a startup
- Track record working in a geographically distributed development environment
is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here .
Job Family: Information Technology
Job ID: R06009