The Heroes of the Storm team is seeking a tools engineer to join our ranks. In this role, you will become part of a team that supports and creates authoring tools with the goal of making our games the best they can be. Our authoring tools span across the code, art, design, audio and localization disciplines, giving you the opportunity to influence the entire team with your contributions. You must be passionate about tools, eager to help your teammates, motivated to learn and proficient writing code. Responsibilities
- Design and implement new development tools for all disciplines.
- Work with all development teams to improve our existing tools and processes.
- Strive for performance, stability, and error-free operation in our codebase.
- Build extensible solutions that can be reused and service multiple groups.
- Passion for tools development
- Passion for video games
- Advanced understanding of C and / or C#
- Understanding of game content pipelines and processes
- Experience developing and designing user interface applications
- Able to communicate and collaborate well with both technical and non-technical users
- Service-oriented attitude with an eye for efficiency and process
Required Application Materials
- Strong debugging skills
- Experience with WPF
- Experience using and extending digital content creation software such as 3D Studio Max
- Experience with efficient data layout design, distributed systems and pipeline processing
- Experience shipping multiple game titles
- Experience migrating legacy systems to modern pipelines
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard?
- What games you are currently playing?
**Only submissions with Cover Letters will be considered.
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.