What you will do
The Senior Software Engineer is an advanced software development role that reports directly to the Plant Engineering Software Services Manager at the Largo Development Center in Largo, Florida. This role is part of a small team of software developers that are responsible for applications used for the processing and continued management of customer orders produced at the Largo facility. You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of internally developed applications. Those responsibilities will include but not be limited to application development, managing database structures used for storing customer order data, development of reports and labels, software specification documents and user manuals for internal and external customers. How you will do it:
What we look for:
- You will work with a very diverse group of internal and external customers.
- You can work with incomplete specifications and minimal input from other team members.
- You will be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously because of your advanced planning and organizational skills.
- You are willing to take direction and gather input from other departments within the overall organization, some being from other software development departments outside of Largo, Florida.
Preferred Qualifications - Education, Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of five years of software development experience using a variety of software development platforms.
- Expert knowledge of SQL database structure and use of SQL views, stored procedures and functions
Who we are:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university in Computer Science, Technology or related field
- Senior level of experience using VB.NET as a software development tool
- Expert level skills using Excel (functions, macros, charting, etc.)
- Experience using Crystal Reports imbedded .NET tools
- Experience writing MS Reports
- Other helpful skills include, MS Word, Visual C#.NET, WPF, WCF, XML and XAML
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.